(We Heart It) Halloween has this weird way of changing meanings as we grow up. At first, it’s a day for swift candy acquisition and consumption. By 15, it turns into skimpy cat costumes and schoolgirl skirts that ride higher than most thongs. At 18, I’ve come to a crossroads: am I still a part…
There’s no doubt that ’90s trends have returned in full force, but when we look back on the oh-so-iconic decade, we can thank one particular trio of ladies for starting most of ’em: TLC. Don’t believe us? Well, in lieu of tonight’s CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story biopic on VH1, we rounded up some of Lisa “Left Eye”…
1. Eat Breakfast (and Lunch) in Bed 2. Bring the Games Inside 3. Catch Up On Your To-Do List 4. Watch Reruns 5. Have a Tea Party 6. Clean Out Your Closet 7. Re-read Your Favorite Book 8. Practice Your Party Tricks 9. Create a Makeshift Hot Tub 10. Stay Warm, My Friends
1. Outfit Changes 2. Pre-Partyin’ 3. Girls Rule and Boys Drool 4. Arriving in Style 5. The World is Your Dance Floor 6. Memory Makin’ 7. Being the Babe of the Ball 8. Creating Your Own Soundtrack 9. Tomorrow, Relax. Tonight, Dance. 10. Midnight Snacks
1. Collared Button-Down Shirts Closed At The Top Only 2. Bell Sleeves 3. Culottes 4. Sleeveless Blazer Dress (Drazer) 5. Extra-Deep V Neck Sweater 6. Cropped Collared Button-Down Shirt 7. Marbled Print 8. Laser Cut Leather 9. Waistcoat 10. Paper Bag Waist (All runway photos from Style.com)
For any of you that don’t know, today is the anniversary of Tupac’s death. Seventeen years ago today, not only did the rap community lose a serious influencer, but a true visionary style wise. Of course, when you wear a beanie or overalls today you probably aren’t trying to channel Tupac (if you are, you…
1. Shower socializing
1. Sunny Daze 2. Cropping Up 3. Dreamy Eyes 4. Overalls 5. The occasional gray day 6. Paris! 7. Succulent Sparkles 8. Roll Aways 9. Fruit Salad 10. Birthdays
In honor of the film’s 18th birthday, we decided to revisit just a few of the super-important life lessons that we learned from watching Clueless.
1. Charlotte Gainsbourg In honor of Bastille Day, the French National Day that’s celebrated on July 14th, we decided to pay homage to a few French style icons and classic beauties. These are women who threw fits, smoked cigarettes, had passionate affairs, stirred up controversy and absolutely defined fashion. Le sigh.