Friday, August 6, 2010 (Almost) Vintage: House Of Style
Is it just us, or did every girl in the ’90s aspire to be a marine biologist?
Thursday, July 8, 2010 (Almost) Vintage: Kirsty Hume’s Hair
(Images via kirstyhume.tripod.com)
Seriously, how insane was Kirsty Hume’s hair in the late ’90s?
No wonder every art director seems to have been armed with industrial-strength fans.
Thursday, May 20, 2010 (Almost) Vintage: Lydia Deetz
Even into the dead heat of summer, we never stop looking to the eternally weird and wonderful stylings of Beetlejuice’s goth princess Lydia Deetz for sartorial inspiration.
And here’s what we’ll be wearing along with it:
Monday, May 10, 2010 (Almost) Vintage: Turns Out Clarissa Knew What She Was Talking About…
(I see a DIY denim shirt project in my near future)
(Clarissa’s badass biker chick look…wait, how old was she?)
(Love the Keith Haring tee & giant watch!)
(Looks like we share some common interests…)
Like every self-respecting tween fashion freak in the ’90s, Clarissa was totally my childhood idol.
But I mean, who doesn’t want to be the girl with a knack for pulling off insane colorful print combos, video game programming and creatively terrorizing her little bro? Seriously…she even had a pet alligator (Elvis) that she kept in a kiddie pool in her room!
Oh god, I think I still want to be like Clarissa. I guess I’ll start with the prints and start searching for a friend with a ladder.
Thursday, March 18, 2010 (Almost) Vintage: Can’t Stop Thinking About…The Peach Pit
Okay, so we just came across this Beverly Hills 90210 promo shoot while reminiscing on the glorious days of 90s TV fashion, and think it’s safe to say that their outfits look almost as current (and even inspiring!) as they did 20 years ago…and no, that’s not a typo. While we found the photos of Donna particularly babe-o-licious, each of the ladies have a distinct all-American style that’s back in full force on the runways and streets alike.
So let’s break down this 90210 ’90/SS ’10 parallel a bit more:
1. Donna, exhibit no. 1: Flowers are seriously in bloom this season, and we’d kill to rock this bright bikini poolside!
2. Donna, exhibit no. 2: This time donning the circle sunnies, cropped tee and light-wash denim uniform of the ultimate California girl.
3. Kelly: Kelly’s sheer lace top and rolled-cuff denim shorts make for a totally chic beach cover-up.
4. Andrea: Hell, even Andrea looks fab in her all-white ensemble topped off with a purple scarf tied into a bow. It’s a perfect idea for girls like us that have an insane amount of vintage silk scarves that don’t get enough love.
5. Brenda: Last but certainly not least, this cheery striped tee and high-waisted denim combo makes even the baddest of bitches look like the girl next door.
So which 90210 gal will you be channeling this season??