Wednesday, April 17, 2013 California Dreaming: Coachella Fever
We just beamed back to earth from a stellar first weekend at Coachella and, let us tell you, it was a total whirlwind. And while we’re totally beat (a full day of dancing and singing to our favorite bands followed by desert parties till sunrise will do that to you), we can’t wait to get back out there for weekend two. Now that we’re a whole week older—and therefore, wiser—we have plenty of advice to our fellow festivalgoers. Read through, compare notes—and let us know your can’t-miss festival strategies in the comments!
1. Double-fist it. Water, that is. Staying hydrated is key to keeping the good times going!
3. Flats are good; boots are better. It’s dusty out there, so protect your feet from the elements by wearing some badass moto boots. Think of it as Coachella’s answer to Glastonbury’s ubiquitous Wellies.
4. Work that buddy system. Cell service is notoriously horrible, so if you want to see your friends again (your prerogative), get yourself a buddy and a meeting place. Since this is, essentially, just a grown-up field trip.
5. Plan ahead. If you’re going to ignore your mom’s advice and not wear sunscreen (which we do not advocate!), at least wear something that will give you super cool tan lines, like our Pentagram Swimsuit.
6. Stop freaking out. Here’s what you didn’t realize when you imagined this dream weekend: You will probably miss seeing one of your favorite bands; you will probably not get into every amazing party you wanted; you will probably leave blistered, dirty and dehydrated. But, who cares?! You’re there to have fun—so have it and stop sweating the small stuff. We heard that party was lame anyway.