We’re seeking an Assistant Stylist to work alongside our photographer, stylist and creative director to dive headfirst into the behind-the-scenes world of styling for catalog and editorial shoots.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Assembling and updating mood/inspiration board
– Researching upcoming trends and present to styling and buying team
– Maintaining cleanliness and organization of shooting area and accessories
– Taking inventory of all styling items regularly to ensure accountability
– Coordinating merchandising requests with various departments
– Checking in vintage and assessing damages or flaws
– Dressing/undressing models and organizing workflow of outfit changes
– Styling looks both in advance and on the fly
– Preparing clothing for shoots
The ideal candidate will:
– Have a great amount of initiative, ideas, and energy
– Be highly detailed and organized
– Have a creative and highly critical eye
– Be able to understand and communicate the Company’s creative vision consistently
– Be tuned into current fashion both high and low, including street style and fashion blogs
– Have an entrepreneurial spirit
– Be a team player and a great communicator
– Have an upbeat attitude
– Have at least one year of experience styling or merchandising
– Possess a four-year degree or equivalent relevant experience
– Have recent work experience in either buying, styling, or merchandising, or design.
The hours for this position are tentatively 9-5:30 Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and located in our Emeryville, CA warehouse.
To apply, please email a cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any samples of your styling work. If you do not have any previous styling experience, please send an 8.5 x 11 pdf of an inspiration board with magazine tears or other related visual inspiration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please email with subject line “Styling Assistant”.
Thank you in advance!