Thursday, May 10, 2012 OMG, Shoes!: How To Rock Socks
Not a day goes by where we don’t see a parade of color peeking out of boots and platforms here at Nasty Gal HQ. It’s an awesome way to freshen up your shoe closet with minimal funds. That being said, it can definitely be tricky to find the right balance! So, how do you rock heels and socks without looking too cutesy? Is it ever okay to wear socks with peep-toes? We asked our stylist Ashley to put an end to the eternal debate.
Ashley’s tips for sock-on-shoe perfection:
1. No tube socks allowed. Instead, stock up on cute ankle socks in fun colors and patterns.
2. Chunky ’70s platforms (especially with an ankle strap) are a fail-safe shoe choice.
3. Never wear pumps with socks. You’ll risk looking like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz or a school girl gone bad (in a bad way).
4. Short sundresses always look great with socks and platforms. I emphasize short because it will make your legs look longer.
5. If you’re not much of a dress girl, a flowy blouse with cutoffs will work just as well paired with boots or chunky heels.
Nasty Gal x MINKPINK Neon Ankle Socks
Orange Slice Socks
Rambler Platform Boot
Starry Night Platform
Spot On Ankle Socks
Coltrane Cutout Boot