Thursday, May 17, 2012 Lessons From The Pros: The Perfect Braid Crown
We’re always secretly jealous of cute braiding styles we see on blogs and out in the street, but always end up opting for the five-second bun or ponytail instead. That is, until our hairstylist showed us how easy it is to re-create this awesome braid that will crown you babe for the day. Here’s how to master your favorite new braid in five simple steps.
1. First things first, split your hair down the middle. Don’t worry about making a perfectly straight line, just get as close as you can.
2. Starting at the nape of the neck, braid your hair forward toward your forehead. Fasten with a small elastic band. Repeat on the other side. When you’re finished with this step, you should have have pretty awkward front braids (see below).
3. Wrap your braids to see how it will look, then decide which one you want to be on the bottom.
4. Cross that one over your head like a headband and pin into place with a few bobby pins. Repeat on the other side, crossing it over the first braid.
5. Pull a few pieces of hair out around your face to make it look more messy and modern.